Please Click Here Then Click on the orange wording – Click here to register to be a volunteer. Look for Course Support Water Station – Lupus Foundation and sign up to volunteer for the job.
The Lupus Foundation of Southern California is looking for 40 enthusiastic and willing volunteers to help us on the LUPUS MILE at the Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Marathon and Half. Our goal is to bring more public awareness and focus to lupus as well as gain funding for the Foundation. Your support will help us improve the lives of the many, many San Diegans affected by this disease. No experience is necessary. Volunteers help make this event happen. You will be supporting the over 8000 participants reach their goal of completing the Carlsbad Marathon or Half Marathon. All volunteers will receive an official Race Crew T-shirt and the appreciation of thousands of participants who’ll love you for your support!
Volunteers are needed at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday, January 15, 2017 on the LUPUS MILE, at the corner of Avenida Encinas and Palomar Airport Rd. The day starts out dark and cold, so dress in layers, but warms up quickly. The jobs are either cheering on the runners and/or handing out water and energy goo to the runners. Not hard, lots of fun and you will be done by 10:30 a.m. with the whole rest of the day to do what you want.
Students can receive community service credit for helping and gratitude from the Lupus Foundation of Southern California. So if you are available to join the volunteer team please sign-up online today. It’s a day when fitness, exercise and community are about something more than who’s across the finish line first.…it’s a journey of moments that will challenge, inspire and change you!
There are other ways you can help us accomplish our goals:
1. Make a general donation Click Here
2. Sponsor an existing TEAM LUPUS Team Member by either typing in their name or click “Search” to review all of all of the fundraising pages and choose the one that speaks to you … and make a donation to their page
3. Be a TEAM LUPUS Team Member and RUN with us on our TEAM LUPUS Running Team! All you have to do is personally raise $500 - not only will you get the satisfaction of knowing you have helped the local Lupus organization continue their programs and services, but you will also get a really cool TEAM LUPUSRace shirt. Call the Lupus office and speak with Hollaine, she will get you registered for the race. Then Click on “Become a Fundraiser” to create your own fundraising page! That's it! Now all you have to do is start training so you can make sure you finish your race! Thank you for getting into the Loop for Lupus.
4. You can still be a TEAM LUPUS Team Member even if you don’t or are unable to run – become A VIRTUAL RUNNER. We welcome you to the Team, but the same rule applies … you must personally raise $500. You still get the really cool TEAM LUPUS Race shirt! Call the Lupus office and speak with Hollaine, she will get you registered for the race. Click on “Become a Fundraiser” to create your own fundraising page!
5. If all you have is time and no money and you would still like to help us on the day of the event, please register as a VOLUNTEER. Go to CarlsbadMarathon.com, Click Here go to the bottom of that screen where it says to register as a volunteer look for the Lupus Foundation and register to volunteer on the Lupus Mile.
For more information about the Lupus Foundation of Southern California or being part of the TEAM LUPUS Running Team please contact Hollaine email@example.com. or call (858) 278-2788.
GET INTO THE LOOP FOR LUPUS
Thanks again for your generous support of our efforts!